Network upgrade to facilitate growth
- Maidstone, Kent
- Client since 2013
Based in Maidstone, Go Resource Group is a recruitment company whose business is structured across specific specialist areas. They work closely with clients, recruiting and placing temporary staff and managing the entire payroll process. Services offered include on-site recruitment, so it’s essential that all staff are able to work remotely and have full access to all key documentation and systems.
- More flexible integration with remote offices
- Lower hardware costs by implementing virtual server environment
- Reduced capital expenditure by moving to Office 365 monthly subscription model
The project involved the installation of a new server with virtualisation technology, enabling it to do the work of two servers. One server was specifically intended for user management and integration with Office 365, whilst the other hosted a third party recruitment database accessed by all users. A new high speed internet was configured and introduced in partnership with Virgin, users were provided with the latest version of Microsoft Office and all emails were migrated over to Office 365.
The result – a faster, more efficient and highly productive working environment both in and out of the office.
- The Technology used for this project
- HP ProLiant Server
- VMware virtualisation
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Microsoft Office 365 Midsize Business
- Contract IT Support client since 2013
- Migration from Small Business Server 2003 to Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Office relocation