Complete network replacement
- Civil engineering
- Medway, Kent
- Client since 2007
Medway based Coleman and James is a Construction and Civil Engineering firm which has built an excellent reputation for project management and professionalism. The company’s clients range from SME’s to local government and they have been in the top ten of the Kent Mega Growth 50 businesses.
Since Coleman and James first came to us for all their IT support needs in 2007, there have been some major developments in business technology. Following a review it was agreed that it was time for an upgrade from MS Small Business Server 2003 and Windows XP to Windows 8.1 and Office 2013.
- Improved access to email for off-site staff
- Improved performance and security through latest hardware and software upgrades
- Reduced capital expenditure by moving to Office 365 monthly subscription model
- The impact to the business was minimised by staff training in advance
In order to make the transition as smooth as possible, our team ran training and seminars for all staff and developed a clear, thorough implementation plan for the entire project. A new server was configured and emails were migrated to Office 365, giving staff access to a new cloud based system which allows instant access to emails and documents anywhere, anytime. The move also avoided the up-front costs of purchasing individual applications for each user.
The Technology used for this project
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Microsoft Office 365 Midsize Business
- HP ProLiant MicroServer
- HP Pro 3500 Series Desktop PCs
- Small Business Server 2003 installation
- Contract IT Support client since 2007
- Web site design and hosting
This was obviously a big move for us which with the assistance of all at Impreza went very smoothly. The hardware changeover involved a minimum of downtime with everything back up and operating within a day. This was without doubt due to the pre-installation work that Impreza carried out.